The revamped, better equipped version of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 preview is finally here on the block! With new features including a ‘Start’ button, better browser and potent new apps, it certainly looks a notch above its previous version.In case you’re cracking your fingers already, to get a taste of it, you’ll need a bit of prep work beforehand.
1> SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS-
Before you go ahead with Windows 8.1, your system should conform with the following requirements:-
- PROCESSOR- 1GHz or faster
- RAM- 1GB or 2GB
- HARD DISK ( Free space)- 16GB (32-bit) and 20GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card- Microsoft DirectX9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
2> Backup you data-
The most crucial thing while upgrading your OS is backing up of your data. Though Windows provides its Recovery Drive feature, you can use other 3rd party tools.
3> Enable the update-
NOTE: On this site, you’ll find the ISO files as well.
- Now, click on ‘Get the update’ as shown in the pic above.
- You’ll see a security warning, just click on ‘Open’.
- After a while you’ll get the actual system updater, click ‘Yes’ to run it.
- In a minute or so you’ll get the ‘Installation complete’ message along with a restart button.
- Click on the restart button, once you boot up, you’ll get something like this:-
- Now, click on ‘Go to Store’ to install the upgrade.
So, go ahead and give Windows 8.1 preview a shot! We are eagerly awaiting your review!