The world of Android is full of innumerable possibilities!
Many of you might have heard about USB tethering, in case you haven’t, you can check out- How to connect internet on PC using Android.But how many of you have actually heard about reverse tethering?
Reverse tethering is sharing your PC’s internet connection with Android. For those of you who don’t have a data connection on Android, this feature might just help you escape the blues!
Just follow the steps given below to achieve reverse tethering on your Android device:-
1) Firstly, you need to have a rooted phone. In case you don’t, check out-How to root your Android quick and easy.
2) Download “Reverse tether” from the Google Play Store. Reverse tether is an app that which makes reverse tethering possible.
To download Reverse tether-Click Here
This is the trial version. You can even check put thepaid versionthat costs around $5.
NOTE: The trial version works only in the afternoon and late evening. To enjoy complete freedom you can download the paid version.
3) After installing the app on your Android, connect your PC to the internet.
4) Now connect your device to the PC via the USB cable. Make sure that the drivers of your device are installed on the PC.
5) Open the Reverse Tether app, you’ll get a screen like this:-
5) Click on the “next” button, a page will pop up with the instruction you’ll need to follow.
6) Complete the procedure and go for either the Automatic configuration/ Manual configuration.
7) After completing all the steps, you’ll find that the PC’s internet is also working on your Android. You can verify this by checking the 3G icon that appears on the notification bar of your device.
So give reverse tethering a try and bid adieu to the dawdling 2G data connection!