July 19, 2011
- Follow the instructions on downloading and installing your chosen client.
- Go to a torrent site and search for a file you want to download. Many can be found by searching the web using a search engine (e.g. Google, Bing, etc.)
- Once you have found the desired file on the torrent site, click the “Download This Torrent” (or however they word it). Usually, the web browser’s file download manager will ask what to do with this file. You want to open the file with your torrent program.
- If it doesn’t open that way, just save the .torrent file to an easy to locate place. Then open your torrent client and use the “Open Torrent” feature (Most torrent clients support click & drag).
- The download will start automatically. You may now go and do something to pass the time, because torrents do not require your attention and will download in the background.